- Fife Science Festival 2017 – Cowdenbeath and Glenrothes
- Brainy Bairns Science Pilot
- EISF – Edinburgh International Science Festival
- ABC lab at the School of Physics and Astronomy’s Science Discovery Day 4th March
- Recruiting 4-5 year olds and parents for study on culture and prosocial behaviour (i.e. helping, sharing and comforting).
Working with Children in the Baby and Child Lab
What is the age range studied? We conduct studies with children ranging from two months to sixteen years. We will let you know when your child is eligible for a study based on their birthdate. Where will my visit take place? Most visits will be held at the Baby and Child Lab in the School of Psychology & Neuroscience on St. Mary’s Quad at the University of St Andrews. Can I be with my child during the study? Parents always see everything their child does in the study. You will always be in the room with them or watching from an adjacent room. When are appointments scheduled? We typically run studies between 9am and 5pm Mondays-Fridays. We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Can I bring my other children? If you let us know in advance, we will be sure to have someone ready to play with your child’s sibling(s) in our child-friendly waiting room while your child is participating in the study. Who will be working with my children to carry out the study? The researchers are all from the School of Psychology and Neuroscience. What happens on a typical visit to the St Andrews Baby and Child Lab? Find out more…